your application & performance requirements by reviewing the pros & cons
of the various types
of PSAs and how they are formulated.
A special attention will be given to factors helping achieve the delicate balance of properties (adhesion, peel, tack…
) in practice.
Interested in PSA bonding? Don’t miss PSA part 2
Course Type Formulation - Level Introduction
Why you should attend
- Make a clear link between PSA properties and raw materials attributes (molecular weight, Tg, polarity…)
- Easily select optimum materials (polymers, additives, modifiers…) and processes (coating, drying, packaging…) to manufacture PSA with desired performance
- Get started with PSA formulations with practical guidelines for solvent-based, water-based, UV, hot melts, tape, film…
Who is it for?
Formulators, raw materials suppliers and anyone needing a fundamental background on PSA developments
The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Types of PSA Constructions and Their Components
- Liquid Coatings (Solvent and Water Borne)
- UV Coatings
- Hot Melts
- Tape and Film
- Property Requirements for PSAs
- Shear and Peel
- Families of Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
- Formulation of PSA Adhesives
- Base Polymers
- Additives and Modifiers
- Processes in Producing PSAs
- Release Coatings
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Edward Petrie.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Olaf B. ,
from Kraton Polymers GmbH:
"Good overview over classes of PSA raw materials and formulation concepts, as well as basic property performance relationships."
Rolando H. ,
from HB Fuller:
"It gave in a very short time a very complete view of the current adhesive formulation technology."
Due to its unique properties, pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) is one of the most widely recognized and used adhesives. PSA are made with a lot of materials and through many types and forms in order to satisfy a wide range of application requirements (tack, temperature resistance, UV, low VOC…).
By attending this online course, you will get a large, quick and neutral review of:
- The unique properties required of PSAs
- The materials commonly used in PSAs and processes needed to satisfy those requirements
- Formulation guidelines for solvent-based, water-based, UV, films…
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999